Topics and replies.

Hot air shroud

Postby Angus Munro » 28 Dec 2017 20:21

I suspect that I am going to have to replace the Hot Air Shrouds on my V8 air filter, Lobster Claw, system soon. Brown and Gammons have them listed as BHH 1297 and BHH 1298, or item 21 on the relevant diagram but, No Longer Available. Searching other websites has produced a similar result unfortunately. As these are soft and vulnerable items I would have thought that there would be a market for them. Has any member found a supplier?
Angus Munro

Re: Hot air shroud

Postby Tony Lake » 29 Dec 2017 14:28

Angus,
I recall looking at the Revotec website some time ago when digging into cooling fans. http://www.revotec.com has flexible aluminium ducting listed on the website in 1m lengths at very nearly the right ID, 51mm vs 50mm OD that I measured on my old air cleaner bits on the shelf. Given the relatively fragile nature of the piece; having a slip fit rather than a force fit might not be such a bad arrangement.
Tony Lake

Postby Angus Munro » 29 Dec 2017 16:52

That looks excellent Tony. From the picture on their website it looks very similar to the original material too.
I’ll contact them on Monday.

Very many thanks for such a quick and useful tip.

Best regards,

Angus.
Angus Munro

Postby Angus Munro » 03 Jan 2018 16:29

Tony,
As posted earlier I contacted Revotec on Monday, after having looked carefully at their website, and my tube of 51mm ID aluminium arrived today.
I can now confirm that it fits the Lobster Claw air cleaner absolutely perfectly.
That was an excellent tip, also for others looking for the NLA tube. Thank you. I am very grateful to you.
Angus Munro

Return to V8BB Messages