Topics and replies.

Rear Quarter Lights

Postby Nigel Williamson » 07 Jan 2018 11:18

As I believe is common, the brackets at the bottom of the leading edge of the rear quarter lights on my factory GT are very corroded and indeed one has failed. These brackets hold the chrome trim around the glass in situ and comprise of a small L shaped bracket with 4 holes. 2 are for it to be riveted to the leading edge chrome trim and 2 are threaded for the very small brass screws to hold the bottom chrome trim up. Are these brackets, rivets and screws available, or do people make their own? Any thoughts/advice gratefully received.

Blaze 1906
Nigel Williamson

Re: Rear Quarter Lights

Postby Tony Lake » 07 Jan 2018 14:34

I'm afraid there are no short cuts, it is back to the fitting bench. I quite enjoyed making mine. I used some malleable black steel strip and managed to find some 4 BA countersunk brass screws, then of course you'll need a set of 4BA taps. I recall that I managed to break one, so one needs to be careful with such flimsy taps.
I made lots of enquiries and ended up at Stoneleigh with the usual negatives to the point that one dealer said; Haven't seen any for years, if you do find some please let me know!
Tony Lake

Re: Rear Quarter Lights

Postby Nigel Williamson » 07 Jan 2018 14:42

Thank you Tony, just what I wanted to know.
Nigel Williamson

Return to V8BB Messages