Topics and replies.

Re: Paint Colours

Postby Richard Withington » 08 Jun 2017 14:48

That's most interesting. Like you, Peter, I have delayed work on the intake system (bought another V8 late last year and concentrated on that over winter). Do we conclude the paint code colour was incorrect or have HMG supplied the wrong paint? I have not opened any of the aerosols so will wait and see.
Richard Withington

Postby Peter Spurrs » 08 Jun 2017 17:05

Richard,
I plan on getting in touch with HMG, but haven't done so yet. I'll let you know what happens.
Peter Spurrs

Postby Michael O'Leary » 24 Jun 2017 20:18

Peter,
Was Rover Burnt Grey code 027 the correct colour for the inlet manifold?

Victor,
If you're just painting your air filter and claws one tin of hammer finish silver hammerite would be sufficient. You'll need to bare metal them then apply the hammerite without a primer to get a similar finish to the original.
Michael O'Leary

Postby Richard Withington » 25 Jul 2017 15:02

Peter,
Just come across the receipt for the paint from HMG, so wondered if you had reached any conclusions about whether the wrong paint was specified or HMG had supplied incorrectly.
Richard Withington

Postby Richard Withington » 09 Nov 2017 11:24

Finally got round to trying the paint spray today, unfortunately the colour Rover burnt grey seems much darker than the original paint on my air filter and 'claws'. I would be interested to know if anyone has a better match to recommend.
Richard Withington

Postby Michael O'Leary » 09 Nov 2017 13:33

Richard, I thought the burnt grey was being proposed for the inlet manifold?

For the air filters I use a silver hammer finish aerosol. To get the best finish the filters need to be bare metal.
Michael O'Leary

Postby Richard Withington » 09 Nov 2017 15:24

Thanks Michael, I am sure you are right, there seems to have been some confusion because this thread started with a question about the colour for the air box etc. and then moved on to the inlet manifold.
I will have to get some Hammerite spray !
Richard Withington

Previous

Return to V8BB Messages