Topics and replies.

Terry Starkey

Postby Debbie Brading V8 Secretary » 20 Apr 2017 19:07

It is with much sadness that I have to report Terry passed away peacefully yesterday after a short illness.

Terry will be fondly remembered in V8 circles as a founder member of the Norwich Burblers. A group he founded with Angus Munroe, Max Porter, John Cumming, Stuart Middlemiss and Ian Quarrington who all share a passion for the burble of a V8 engine.

Terry is also well known for producing the burr elm gear knobs which many of us have in our cars.

Our thoughts and prayers at this time are with Terrys wife Brenda and their two sons.
Debbie Brading V8 Secretary

Re: Terry Starkey

Postby Simon Austin » 21 Apr 2017 06:50

My condolences to Terry's family. I never met Terry but was proud to have purchased one of his shift knobs for RV8 #590 when I owned it.

He will be missed.
Simon Austin

Postby Angus Munro » 22 Apr 2017 08:00

The rate of decline in Terry's health was very fast indeed. Many of his friends have been left with a feeling of sadness at not having had the the opportunity to have visited him in hospital. Those friends were cheated by time. Who should have known? By absolute fortune I was the last of his chums to visit him the day before he died, then supported as always by Brenda his wife together with his two boys, Rob and Pete. I was left with the overwhelming belief that I should share the last visit experience with chums in a manner that would place them with Terry.
It is a poor second best but the only one that time, the great thief, allowed.
John Cumming was kind enough to post my note on that last visit but, should you not have seen it and would like to please contact either John or myself. We will be pleased to send it to you.
angus.munro@ntlworld.com will reach me.
Angus Munro

Postby Bill Cole » 22 Apr 2017 12:07

It is a great shock to here of Terry's illness and the speed in wich we lost him. A great loss to the people who new him and the V8 world in particular. My condolences to his wife and children. And every time we change gear in our cars Terry will be remembered.
Bill Cole

Postby Ian Lindley » 27 Apr 2017 10:28

A sad loss, Terry was a great enthusiast. My condolences to all his family.

Like many I will remember him every time I change gear!!
Ian Lindley

Postby Ray Ellis » 30 Apr 2017 16:41

I never met him, sad to hear. Condolences to his family.
Ray Ellis

Postby Barry M West » 09 May 2017 16:51

Although I didn't know Terry as I am a fairly recent V8er, I can see and read about the contribution he made to the community and hoe sorely missed he will be. Deepest condolences to his family and friends.
Barry M West

Return to V8BB Messages